The Community Support Centre of Essex County has been able to continue to provide services while our building remained closed to the public during the pandemic. These include Meals on Wheels, Food Security, Transportation and Security Reassurance.
Our office hours will continue to be Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm and the Admin Team will be on hand as the lockdown restrictions are slowly lifted. We would encourage you to reach us by telephone at 519-728-1435 should you have any questions and are looking forward to shifting our programs from online back to in person when we can.
What safety measures are we taking?
We will be following the recommended guidelines to keep our employees and visitors safe.
In addition, we are taking the following precautions with our employees:
– Workers are required to complete a health questionnaire and will have their temperature taken upon entry to the building.
– Workers are required to maintain physical distancing guidelines. When that is not possible, they are require to wear a face mask.
– Workers will sanitize and disinfect shared surfaces frequently.
In addition to completing a health questionnaire and having their temperature taken upon entering the building, visitors will be required to wear masks and sanitize their hands. Most importantly — stay at home if you are feeling sick.
To ensure employees and visitors maintain physical distancing guidelines, we will limit the number of visitors in the building at one time. We also ask everyone to adhere to the following:
– Foot Care clients will be asked to remain in their vehicles until they are advised that they can enter the building.
– Meals on Wheels delivery drivers should continue the physical distancing practice of remaining in their vehicle until their route coolers are placed outside for them to pickup. When returning the coolers, please continue to place them outside the door.
– Food Pantry clients will go back to booking appointments, since our Food Hub is now closed. This means that, when they come to pick up their food hampers, they will wait in their vehicle until their hamper is placed outside of Unit 5 for pickup.
In an effort to reduce the number of visitors in our building, we will no longer be providing the following services:
– Photocopying/Scanning of any kind
– Public use of computers
If you would like to pay your bill, we ask that you continue to do so by mailing a cheque to the CSC. We can also email you an electronic payment method if you would like.
We are carefully monitoring the situation. The most important thing is to make sure we keep our staff and clients safe & healthy while conducting business in a safe environment.
If you have specific questions not addressed here or on our website, reach out to us.
We look forward to seeing you!
CSC Management and Staff